TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Here you'll find the terms and conditions for use of the Alberton High School website, as well as information relating to our Anti-Spam and Privacy Policies (including the maximum amount of data we would ever ever ever be interested in mining from you if we could ever in our wildest dreams afford servers that huge! Excuse us while we go have a lie-down.)
In addition, you will be able read up on intellectual property rights and copyright relating to our logos and the site, plus get the low down on our standing as regards governing law, how we handle the whole databases thing, the security setup of the site and credit card payments etc.
- This site is copyright-protected, and users may not download, view and print content from this site.
- All moral rights of Alberton High School and its employees/agents are reserved.
- Alberton High School cannot screen or edit all the content available from the linked sites and does not accept any liability for illegal, defamatory or obscene content. Users are encouraged to inform Alberton High School of any content that may be offensive or illegal.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- All the content, trademarks and data on this web site, including but not limited to, software, databases, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, private information, designs and agreements, are the property of or licensed to Alberton High School and as such are protected from infringement by local and international legislation and treaties.
- When a user registers on or sends e-mails to Alberton High School or any of its affiliate companies, (hereinafter collectively referred to as Alberton High School ), that user consents to receiving communications from Alberton High School electronically and agrees that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications sent by Alberton High School satisfies any legal requirements, including but not limited, to the requirement that such communications should be "in writing".
- Apart from the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, neither Alberton High School nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this web site or the services or content provided from and through this web site.
- Furthermore, Alberton High School makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this web site are free from errors or omissions. Users are encouraged to report any possible malfunctions and errors to the person referred to in the copyright clause.
- This site is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa and therefore governed by South African law.
- Any person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this web site or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this web site shall be prosecuted and civil damages shall be claimed in the event that Alberton High School suffers any damage or loss.
- The user agrees and warrants that its log-in name and password shall:
- be used for personal use only; and
- not be disclosed to any third party.
- The user allows Alberton High School to take all reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and security of the Alberton High School site and back-office applications.
- All credit card transactions are processed through PayPal, and subject to the security and regulations of their personal PayPal account.
CHANGES TO AGREEMENT
- Alberton High School may, at its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
- In the event of any dispute of any nature whatsoever arising between the parties on any matter provided for in, or arising out of this agreement, and not resolved through the Customer Relations Department of Alberton High School , then such a dispute shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in terms of the expedited rules of the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa. Arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in Johannesburg in English. The arbitration rules may be downloaded from: http://www.arbitration.co.za/downloads/expedited_rules.pdf
- Alberton High School chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature:
35 Phantom Street, Randhart, ALBERTON
- Alberton High School shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of Users. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.workinfo.com/Free/Sub_for_legres/Data/POIDA/act2.pdf
- Alberton High School may electronically collect, store and use the following personal information of Users:
- name and surname;
- country of residence;
- closest city;
- e-mail address; and
- IP address
- Alberton High School collects, stores and uses the abovementioned information for the following purposes:
- to greet the User when he/she accesses the Alberton High School web site;
- subject to the User's consent, inform the User of facts relating to his/her access and use of the Alberton High School website;
- subject to the User's consent, inform the User about competitions and special offers from Alberton High School and/or its partners/affiliates;
- to compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click-patterns and access to the Alberton High School web site.
- Information detailed above is collected either electronically by using cookies or is provided voluntarily by the User. Users may determine cookie use independently through their browser settings.
- The User may elect not to receive any communications from Alberton High School and/or its partners/affiliates.
- Alberton High School may collect, maintain, save and compile, any information collected from users, subject to the following provisions:
- Alberton High School shall not disclose personal information from Users unless the User consents thereto;
- Alberton High School shall disclose information without the User's consent only through due legal process; and
- Alberton High School may compile, use and share any information that does not relate to any specific individual.
- Alberton High School owns and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by Alberton High School .